7/17/2008

Create perfect endings with visualization

Picture by
MizzFortunate




One thing I hate more than anything is a movie ending that's completely different from what I expected. I loathe movies that end in a manner contrary to what I wanted to see. It doesn't matter if the movie was one of the most cleverly directed features ever (i.e. Castaway with Tom Hanks), if the ending is not to my standards, I completely dismiss the entire film as useless.

Even during my younger days, I would become extremely upset if I were ever interrupted from a pleasant dream. Whenever this happened, I would try my darnedest to fall back asleep and create the ending that I wanted. Sometimes I would even try to create alternate endings to dreams that did not meet my expectation of a suitable experience.

Even today, if my present reality isn't as I would hope for, I still use my own mental images to create my definition of a great ending. Without the use visualization, one has to accept the results he or she experiences as the only available outcome. That is so far from the truth. What you or I are now experiencing, is only one version of an outcome. Think of your reality as a movie with various alternate endings. Your job is to go to the special features section and select an alternate ending as another option.

Visualizing is like selecting the bonus features option and viewing the various outcomes of a film. Think about which areas of your life where you would like to create alternate endings. Take some time to formulate those images in your mind in as clear of a picture as possible. Use words to help you focus on the details until you are easily able to create visual pictures of exactly how you want your life to look like.

The main reason why you should even entertain the thought of creating mental images of the life you desire is because your brain can not honestly tell the difference between what is real and what is imaginary. Your mind operates in pictures and once it sees a clear picture it subconsciously accepts it as fact. Think about the times when you've had dreams so scary that you awoke with a rapid heartbeat and maybe even a little sweat on your brow. Your mind didn't know at that time that the boogie man was not really out to get you. Your mind only did what it knows to do which is take mental images as fact and respond accordingly to the visual images in your mind.


Tonight before you fall asleep, or just after you awaken before you get out of bed in the morning, take a few moments to dream while you are still awake. Create vivid pictures of your definition of the most perfect scenarios and let your mind soar. Let you mind fully believe that you are capable of experiencing what you saw and use your emotions to help motivate you to take consistent action towards creating it.

In a way, you probably do some of this now. The problem with most of us is that we create mental pictures of the worst possible outcome. Today I ask you to use your mental powers for good, not evil, and create the life you've always wanted, both in your mind and in your reality.

No comments: