Entry One

My first post. Very excited.
I hope to use this blog as a way to completely reveal myself........to myself.
I will be thirty this year and now would be an opportune time to encourage my introspection and extroversion. I was born in Haiti. I migrated to Florida when I was six years of age. I have a wonderful family that I am very close to. My mother is the somewhat typical Haitian mom who wants to overnurture her children. My father is extremely unique. I do not know anyone else like him......except myself. He owns a giftshop and comes in contact with many visitors to his store. He spends most of his day conversationg in any of the four languages he's fluent in with perfect strangers who vow to stop in and say hello on their next stop. My brother is nearly two years younger than I but it is like he and I share the same brain. We can easily finish each other's sentences and understand each other on a level unique to some brother sister relationships. I used to wish I had a sister, but after speaking to women about their sisterhood relationships, I often would be told how troublesome having a sister could be. I am grateful of my brother, he is a true friend.

So now I'm here starting this blog. It is a good time to start. I feel that this blog will help in many ways. I am growing. I am a believer in Christ. I am a lover of knowledge. I am much more reserved than I would like to be. I am constantly searching. I am always observing. I am beautiful. I am unique. I have so much more to do. I need so much more. Yet I have all I need.

This is something that I am doing for myself in my never-ending quest to unearth the hidden qualities that I know are somewhat dormant beneath. Don't get me wrong, I often reveal small glimpses of my true self to people only to quickly retreat to the old habits like a snail retreating to its shell when in harms way.
The only difference is I know that no harm can come to me.....so why do I retreat?
This blog is not the answer to my questions. But it will serve as a tool to help me build a great project. So with that said, I grab my tool and get to work.

Comments

Popular Posts