Make a move

Last night was the first night of my last college course before I graduate with my bachelors degree. Nearly two years I ago I signed up for an accelerated program at an accredited university. Today I am just a few weeks away from reaching my goal. What have I learned the past couple of years? I learned that once you think about doing something this important, the best option is just to do it right away. I remember sitting in what seemed like a tiny little room while an admissions counselor attempted to sell me the benefits of enrolling at this college. In my mind I knew that it was the right thing to do but I was still hesitant to make the final decision to enroll. If they hadn't offered to pay my registration fee for signing up that day, I probably would have asked for time to look over the materials and put off making the decision.

If I "bought more time" by telling her that I needed to think about it, I would've, in actuality, lost time. The truth is that I thought long and hard about returning to school long before I ended up in the admissions office. In fact, it was my "thinking" that led me to being face to face with the person who would enable me to realize my intentions in the first place. Don't get me wrong, there are times when new information is presented to you in a situation that may have to be revisited before making a final decision. But you have to quickly deal with the details and move forward to actualizing what it is you really want to do, have, experience.

Comments

Popular Posts